Asserting that customer satisfaction should be addressed by every organization is perhaps stating the obvious but, ironically, many businesses neglect to create a plan to achieve it. They employ an installation, repair, or service staff that isn’t properly trained, potentially inviting the opportunity for negative impressions to be formed.
Here are five easy ways to ensure that your employees are representing your business in a way that warrants approval from both you and the customer!
1. Establish guidelines for proper dress while on the job. Either provide clothing such at T-shirts or define what’s considered acceptable. Be sure to include that clothing should be clean and in good condition. Consider providing booties to be worn over shoes during inclement weather. Workers should have a neat appearance and be appropriately well-groomed.
2. Insist that team members be well-mannered and courteous. Remind them that they are guests in the locations in which they perform their work and that they should be respectful of both people and their surroundings. Periodically, contact customers at random to ensure that the standard is being met.
3. Train your team to have good communication skills. Remind them to patiently explain what they are doing and to answer any questions that the customer might have. Include that an explanation should be offered in simple terms that someone who is not in the industry will readily understand.
4. Workers should make every effort to arrive on time or to notify the customer when that’s not possible.
5. Detail that the job location should be left as they found it. Tools should be packed up, trash and other waste removed, and furniture and other items should be put back in place. Remind the team to properly thank the customer for choosing tu use your company.
The installation team at Anderson Interiors prides itself on excellence in workmanship and customer service. Time and again our customers compliment and applaud them for their behavior, attitudes, skills and knowledge. We’re very proud of them, too!