In addition to capably wearing many hats at Anderson Interiors, our receptionist is also a cook and baker extraordinaire.
Here’s her recipe for cookie strips. We think you’ll find them as yummy as we do! Enjoy!
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/2 cup vanilla or white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs and almond extract and blend well.
3. In separate bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
4. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 12″ X 2.5″ rectangle and place on ungreased baking sheet.
5. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/4″ indentation lengthwise down the center of each log.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
7. Spoon preserves into indentation and bake for 10 to 12 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
8. Cool for 2 minutes then move to a cutting board. Cut into 3/4″ slices and place on wire rack.
9. In microwave, melt vanilla chips and shortening. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm cookies. Let stand until set.
Yields about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
If you decide to try them, let us know what you think!